- Identify the type of game system you are using.Is it a PC, or is it one of the console units (such as Nintendo GameCube,Xbox, or Sony'sPlayStation2/3/4)? Make a mental note of your gaming platform as sometimes the codes are different across platforms, even if they're for the exact same game.
- Identify the game you are playing.It helps to be as specific as possible. For example, are you playing "Zelda," or is it actually "Zelda: Majora's Mask?" Make a note of the specific game you are playing. This is especially true if the game you are playing is part of a series. Just searching for "guitar hero cheats"may not get you to where you want.
- Use a search engine.Type in the name of your game, the gaming platform, and the word "cheats." For example, if you are playing "Halo 2" on Xbox, type inHalo 2 Xbox cheats. If you want to go one step further, you could also search directly into a cheat website such as gamesradar.com.
- For games that are available on more than one console, include the console in your search criteria.
- Look through the results.Choose a site that offers cheat codes for your game and platform. More often then not, one should jump out at you immediately. If it doesn't, there's a chance that there are just no cheats available for your game.
- If you find a particular cheat website that you really like, you might want tobookmarkit for future use, too.
- Find and note down the cheat that you want to use.
- Follow the instructions given on the website to use the cheat while playing the game.If you're really struggling, try looking for some sort of cheat menu, perhaps within the main menu or settings of the game.
- If the name of your game contains more than two words, you may want to enclose those words in quotation marks when entering your search terms. For example, you can type in"Turok Evolution" GameCube cheats, including the quotes. This helps the search engine locate more relevant results.
- You may also wish to limit search terms. This can be used for just about any type of searches on the net by most of the search engines available. Just use the "-" (hyphen) in front of the word. Example: -discounts -shop. Useful when results which are too irrelevant often appear in the page.
- Other than cheat codes, also look out for trainers and patches for other kinds of in game cheating.
- If you have a favourite website for game cheats and would only like to see cheats from that website, prefix the code site:(nameofsite) to the search term, replacing (nameofsite) with the name of the site you want to retrieve cheats from.
- Beware of any executable 'cheat patches' that you find online; they may contain malware or trojans.
- Some cheats do not work. Be wary of spending to much time on an inaccurate cheat site.
- You may become addicted to cheats and rely on them too much. Every thing should be in moderation.
- Cheating can spoil the fun of the game, if you rely too heavily on it.
- Better yet don't cheat at all it takes the fun out of the game and if you play with your friends and you always they won't want to play with you anymore.